Vietnamese Prawn Salad recipe02 Jan 2018
- 120mL rice wine vinegar
- 100mL peanut oil
- 4 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 green chilli (long) - thinly sliced
- 500g raw peeled deveined prawns
- 6 cocktail tomatoes - quartered
- 1 mango - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion - thinly sliced
- 110g fine rice vermicelli
- 1 cup torn coriander leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted unsalted peanuts
1. Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, soy and chilli in a large bowl. Add prawn, tomatoes, mango and onion, stirring to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Cover noodles with boiling water in a large bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until tender (5 to 7 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to prawn mixture along with peanuts and coriander. Toss to combine.
*This is a recipe containing nuts and is not appropriate for nut allergies.
Video shoot at our Le Creuset store on Level Two. Produce from Fruitezy, Costi Seafood Co and Coles. Wine from Quattro Deli.