Pavlova recipe01 Nov 2017
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (for whipping)
- 1 passionfruit
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 mango
- 1 strawberry
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celcius. Grease a baking tray and line it with a sheet of baking paper. Draw a 22cm circle on the back of the baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer (Kitchen Aid) to beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar at a time, beating each until the sugar has dissolved. Keep adding and beating until the mixture is thick. white and glossy. Beat in the vinegar and cornflour.
- Use a large spoon to transfer the mixture to the baking tray, then shape into a 22cm round. Bake for 1.5 hours then turn off the oven, prop the door slightly and leave to cool completely.
- When cool, whip the cream and add to Pavlova with fresh fruit
Video shoot at our Williams Sonoma store on Level One. Produce from Coles and Fruitezy. Wine from Quattro Deli.